TortoiseSVN Menu Firefox Extension
About This Extension
This extension adds a?TortoiseSVN?context menu to links in Firefox (see?screenshot?below). TortoiseSVN (“TSVN”) is the popular graphical Windows Explorer plugin for the?Subversion?version-control system.
I’m more likely to use Firefox for browsing my repository than I am the TSVN “Repo-Browser”, so I wanted an easy way to perform operations without having to copy and paste URLs all the time. If you work the same way, you’ll find this extension useful.
Please install this extension from the?Official Mozilla Add-Ons site.?
Obviously, it will work on Windows platforms only, since TSVN is Windows only.?I have gotten word that this extension does work on Linux when using TortoiseSVN via Wine (the Explorer extension doesn’t work via Wine, but TortoiseProc, which this add-on interfaces with, does). So, I will remove the Windows-only flag from the AMO site.
Firefox 3 Users:?Please?see this post?for information on FF3 support.
Following are the known issues with the current release:
- Some commands may not work properly with TortoiseSVN versions prior to 1.3.
- The location for?TortoiseProc.exe?(the TSVN app through which all external calls are made) is stored in the Firefox parameter?tsvn.tproc_path. On the first run, this value is retrieved from the TSVN registry entry; however, prior to 0.2.0 it simply defaulted to?C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin\TortoiseProc.exe. If this is different on your system, type about:config in the Firefox address bar, find the tsvn.tproc_path parameter, and either set it to the correct value, or blank it out to have the registry value re-read.
History of previous versions of this extension:
- 0.2.2: Bump maxVersion to support Firefox 2.
- 0.2.1: Change download, update, and homepage URLs.
- 0.2.0: Add Delete and Export after fixes in TSVN; find TSVN using Registry on first use.
- 0.1.1: Fix bug which causes submenu to always appear even for non-links.
- 0.1: Initial version.
What is still missing from this extension (note: These are just a train of thought… this extension does pretty much everything I need it to and I doubt I’ll do any more development on it. However please feel free to check out the source code and submit patches if you think of something useful.):
- “Real” options dialog
- Figure out how to adjust menu based on whether file or directory
- Figure out how to guess Subversion links?
- Integrate with other (Linux-based?) graphical SVN clients
The source code is available via SVN at?http://svn.pumacode.org/repos/tsvnmenu/.
Email me at “toby (at) tobiasly (dot) com” with suggestions, patches, translations, etc.
TSVN Menu Firefox Extension is released under the terms of the?GNU General Public License (GPL), version 2.